Sunday, May 23, 2010

Gone fishin' with Gramps

Gone fishin'

Sky and gramps and I motor out in gramp's boat. I need a cushion.

Ahhh, that's the lifed!

I'm gettin' mad-Sky's catching all the fish.

I caught this little guy. He's too small so I'll throw him back in.

Sky's Catch.
We put these 3 back in also.
We went fishing at Mark Twain Lake with my father in-law Gene Border. We drove 1 1/2 hours up there and stopped at a Bait 'N Tackle shop to make a pit stop and for me to buy my first fishing license-ever! I haven't been fishing since I was about 7, so when Gene asked me to go for a boat ride, I happily accepted the invitation.
We put the boat in the water and motored over to a spot. They'd told us at the tackle shop the only thing biting were the crappie but the lake has those along with bass, bluegill, catfish and killer whales. Okay, not really but my daughter Lindsay thinks so.
We fished for a while and caught nothing. We went boating for a while, the wind blew my hat off. We circled around and got it and kept right on boating. We stopped and fished, moved to another spot (this time in the shade) and it was here that Sky caught his three crappie and I caught a baby bass.
At 5:30 we'd all definitely had enough sun and not enough luck so we put the "Ola Dell" back on her trailer and headed for home.

No comments:

Post a Comment